TAKE THE MONEY 4 MEDICAID AND THIS WOULDN’T BE NEED.
TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) — A proposal based on the state Senate’s plan to extending funding for hospitals that treat low-income patients has been submitted to the federal government.
State health officials said Monday they need a speedy answer from the federal government so lawmakers can build the decision into the budget. The state says it submitted three other proposals last month.
The latest proposal would extend funds through June 2017. It also distributes the $2 billion funding more broadly and includes money for Florida medical schools, county health departments and federally qualified health centers.
The state and feds have fought bitterly over the funds for the past year. Gov. Rick Scott announced last week that he plans to sue the federal government for withholding the hospitals funds because he won’t expand Medicaid.
But the Obama administration says buying health insurance for patients directly is more effective…
View original post 56 more words