Two Steubenville, Ohio, high school football players accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl have been found delinquent by a judge — the juvenile court equivalent of guilty. I AGREE with the sentencing, it was FAIR.
The young men will learn a great lesson of RAPE hearing the screams of many victims from around the world “Sexual Violence against women NO MORE”.
SPRING BREAKS~ RAPING GROUND FOR COLLEGE VICTIMS/HIGH SCHOOL VICTIMS
College-aged women are four times more likely to be the victim of sexual assault
1. Under age drinking, no limits set, everyone is drinking, the next day/morning the victim will feel violated, asked people in their group if they had sex with someone, no one remembers, except social media, camera phones, pictures. Many young victims become pregnant and abort or give the child up for adoption. They are too embarrassed to tell a parent/family member they have been raped, passed out and don’t know who the violator was.
2. If you suspect rape, go immediately to your nearest hospital and have a rape kit taken.
3. It’s NOT YOUR FAULT!
4. Contact your local rape crisis center if you need HELP 1.800.656.HOPE
5. 911 HELP NOW
6. 211 connect with UNITED WAY & other resources in your area, they will help
7. online resources rainn.org chat with someone who understands, they are SAFE
Communities: Give hugs of encouragement, support our victims, female/male, the reality: To tell someone to be quiet and not talk about the event, is continued rape of the victim. This is not about you, it’s about the victim.
2 in 3 Sexual Assaults are committed by someone the victim knows
Someone in America is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes
44% of Sexual Assault victims are under age 18
One in every 10 high school students has experienced physical violence from a dating partner in the past year.
More than half of sexual assaults go unreported
We need to increase public awareness of the mental health effect of sexual assault on victims
Dispel common myths about sexual assault (it’s your fault b/c)
Sexual assault is a crime
Talking about it triggers healing. Dear Media, take this opportunity and provide resources for victims to heal, shine the light on organizations that offer resources, people who can help others heal, this opportunity must be utilized to educate society.
Sending love, hugs, peace & healing to our victims. Together we will heal.
Solutions for the Soul